Abingdon, Bristol and Johnson City
Medical errors happen in this day and age, and can happen to anyone. In fact, according to a study conducted by John Hopkins, it is the third-leading cause of death in the U.S., ranking just behind heart disease and cancer.
If your injury is as a result of medical malpractice, the experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Michael R. Munsey will be your advocate in filing a claim against the responsible party be it the doctor, nurse, medical facility, or insurance company.
What is medical malpractice?
It happens when the medical provider provides treatment that is below the standard level of care that results in injury or death. In other words, if the medical provider fails to treat a patient in a manner that another practitioner would have, he or she may be liable for medical malpractice.
Types of medical malpractice
- There are different factors involved in a medical malpractice situation. However, here is a list of common malp
- Administering medication that results in a negative reaction to another medication that you are taking
- Administering the wrong dosage of a medication
- Giving the wrong drug
- Giving a drug to an allergic patient
- Administering anesthesia too late
- Failure to use medical machines correctly or using faulty equipment
- Failure to intubate
- Failure to inform the patient of instructions regarding the procedure
- Post operative negligence
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis
- Hospital malpractice
- Emergency Room Errors
This is not an all-inclusive list, so if you have suffered an injury or a loved one has succumbed to a wrong death, contact the Law Offices of Michael R. Munsey for a consultation.
Why hire an attorney for medical malpractice?
A medical malpractice lawsuit can be quite difficult to navigate for most people. At the Law Offices of Michael R. Munsey, our team of experts is knowledgeable in medical terminology, and possesses a firm understanding of medicine. We know just the right questions to ask to get you the compensation that you deserve.
If you believe that you or a loved one has been injured by the malpractice of a medical professional, contact the Law Offices of Michael R. Munsey today, you may be eligible for compensation for your pain and suffering to cover lost wages, or pay for your medical and rehabilitation bills.
Representing the injured and disabled for more than 30 years, the Law Offices of Michael R. Munsey proudly serves Bristol, Johnson City, and Kingsport, TN, as well as Abingdon, VA. Call (276) 451-2056 to schedule your free consultation.